Data Analytics Engineer / Data Engineer M/F - CDI
Jellysmack helps social media Creators reach their full potential using technology and data. Our recipe for success is based on the quality of our content, but also on the unique technology built around products operating at all levels. These tools, powered by analytics and AI, allow our content teams to detect and publish promising content, understand trends, analyze performances, and much more!
To support and participate in the growth of the company, we are searching for talented Data Analytics Engineers to join our fast-growing Data department (20+ people).
As a Data Analytics Engineer, you will join a team of 10+ analysts where you will be in charge of modeling raw data into datasets that enable analytics across the company, making sure those datasets are maintained, well tested and documented.
Integrated to a Tech entity of more than 60 people, you’ll work in Scrum mode alongside with business users, developers, QA, data engineers, data scientists and business analysts.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Social Media landscape, participate in large-scale projects in an international environment (US and Europe) and develop an expertise on social media that you can build on throughout your career.
Closely working with data engineers and data analysts, and you will be responsible for performing a range of duties that supports both of those roles, including:
Organizing and transforming the data in a meaningful way and providing additional context as necessary so that it is ready for analysis,
- Working with the Data Engineers to streamline the processes so that data is cleaner earlier in the process,
- Working with the DBA to build and maintain complex databases,
- Write production-quality ELT code with an eye towards performance and maintainability,
- Collaborate on infrastructure projects and emphasize the business value of applications,
- Aiding in the development and design of analytics projects as necessary,
Training other members of the organization as necessary so that they are capable of using various data tools and communicating with other members of the data team.
Jellysmack’s technical Stack:
- Language : Python
- Databases : Aurora, Redshift, ElasticSearch on AWS
- Librairies : Pandas, numpy, SQLAlchemy,...
- Visualisation : PowerBI, plotly
- Environment : We use Pycharm / VSCode and Jupyter but we’re open to anything!
- Master’s degree with minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Expert SQL skills (MySQL) - query optimization is second nature and you know how to write SQL that is easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and highly performant
- Strong skills in Python, software engineering, data warehousing, data extraction, and data modeling
- Experience with developing data pipelines and using version control systems
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary groups and all organizational levels.
- Fluency in at least three languages among the following : English, Kosovar, French, Corse or Python (we do have teams and analysts that can speak all those languages).
- HR call interview
- Technical test to take home followed by a debrief with the technical Lead
- Last call interview with the VP of Data
Welcome to Jellysmack! :)
What’s it like to work at Jellysmack?
- Attractive salary for the right candidate
Remote working possible - working in the offices is also possible if preferred :) (depending on the sanitary situation)
- Dedicated time every week to learn with your peers and improve your skills
“Tech Friday Party” : Dedicated time every sprint to work on innovation, work on your own projects, whatever you want to explore!
- Possibility to work one day on a social or environmental cause during your work hours, paid by Jellysmack thanks to our partner vendredi.
At Jellysmack, we believe that diversity and inclusion are a driving force so don't hesitate and come enrich our tech teams!